As with all the best fat burners, Trimtone, which is aimed purely at women, claims to help burn fat, control appetite, and overall give you a metabolic boost.
When it comes to gym supplements, there still seems to be a divide between what men and women want in a formula. For most guys, they want something that can stimulate their senses, help bulk them up, and overall make them feel like warriors training for a battle. Women, on the other hand, seem to have this focus on fat burning and an overall slimmer, yet toned body.
That would explain why many female-oriented supplements often try to include an element of fat loss in their formula, even though the product is not exactly a fat burner. One of these products is Trimtone, a fat burner that describes itself as a “100% Natural Fat Burner For Women.”
So is Trimtone worth buying? Read my Trimtone review to find out.
Trimtone at a Glance
- Science-backed ingredients
- Safe doses
- High quality formula overall
- Natural Ingredients
- Not overly potent
- Only available direct from manufacturer
Overall7 of 10
Based on what we’re seeing, Trimtone seems to focus on a more surgical approach to fat burning. By this, we mean their formula seems to be focused on shredding fat without reducing muscle.
Let’s check out what’s inside Trimtone.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Caffeine is perhaps the most recognizable ingredient in many supplement formulations, whether fat burner or an entirely different stack that affects energy. It’s known to give a spike in energy, focus, and a bit of fat burning. We have 120 mg of caffeine, which is a not so surprising dose given that many companies think women in general aren’t fond of caffeine or use stimulants.
- Green Coffee (Coffea Arabica) (Bean) Extract: Green coffee is the form of coffee bean before it gets roasted. Companies include the unroasted form because a substance called chlorogenic acid is destroyed during the roasting process. Chlorogenic acids are effective in triggering the fat burning process, but the problem is we don’t have any form of standardization for it. The lack of standardization means we’re left in the dark as to the overall concentration of chlorogenic acid in this formula, or if it has any at all.
- Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) (Leaf) (standardized to 50% Polyphenols): Green tea is one of the best fat burners in the industry, with many studies citing its positive effects on energy metabolism and overall fat burning effects. The 50% Polyphenols is a welcome sight, but what we’re really after in any green tea ingredient is the EGCG content. Epigallocatechin Gallate or EGCG is green tea’s most active compound, and many experts say the health benefits of green tea – especially the fat burning portion – is due to its EGCG content. Don’t get me wrong; polyphenols are generally good for you, but in a fat burning viewpoint, I really want to see the exact EGCG standardization, as EGCG is just one of the polyphenols found in green tea.
- Glucomannan 90% (amorphophallus konjac) (Root) Fiber: Glucomannan is a popular ingredient used as an appetite suppressant. The way it works is, it gels upon contact with water (or in our case, stomach juices), and this gelling makes us feel full. We like it when fat burners include glucomannan, especially if it’s standardized like this, but we can’t help but feel like the 100 mg dosage is so-so given fibers in general are dosed at 1 gram a day if given as is.
- Grains of Paradise (Aframomum melegueta) (Seed) (Standardized to 12.5% 6-Paradol): This oddly named ingredient is novel in a sense that the number of studies that say it’s effective for weight loss are still inconclusive at best. What it’s supposed to do is it helps decrease body fat while also blocking fat storage.
Trimtone Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredient||Amount per serving||% Daily Value*|
|Caffeine Anhydrous||120 mg||*|
|Green Coffee (Coffea Arabica) [Bean] Extract||100 mg||*|
|Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) [Leaf] (Standardised to 50% Polyphenols)||100 mg||*|
|Glucomannan 90% (Amorphophallus konjac) [Root] Fiber||100 mg||*|
|Grains of Paradise (Aframomum melegueta) [Seed] (Standardised to 12.5% 6-Paradol)||40 mg||*|
|Other ingredients: Gelatin (capsule), Magnesium Stearate and Silica|
|* % Daily Value not established|
How to take Trimtone
From the manufacturers website:
We recommend you take one Trimtone capsule each morning with water before your breakfast.
Where to buy Trimtone
You can only buy Trimtone direct from the manufacturers website with the following options available:
Options and Prices
- 1-Month Supply (1 bottle): $49.95
- 2-Month Supply + 1 bottle Free (3 bottles): $99.90
- 3-Month Supply + 2 Bottles free (5 bottles): $149.85
- Retail $59.95
- Retail $299.75
- Fast & Free Shipping
- Retail $99.90
- Fast & Free Shipping
Our Verdict on Trimtone
Trimtone is a fat burner exclusively made for women who want a bit of weight loss support. We’re saying a bit, because there’s not a hint of anything excessive in the formula. Is this a bad thing? Not exactly.
Far too many fat burners want to overwhelm the human body with large doses, with a particular focus on stimulants and cheap extracts. We think what Trimtone did is reasonable, given that women’s bodies aren’t the same as men, and they may not be as tolerant to specific ingredients as men are. However, we still can’t help but feel like Trimtone could have added more, if only to make sense of the high price.
Regardless, the quality of the formula and the overall weight loss potential of using Trimtone is definitely decent, but if you know another brand that’s dosed more where it counts, then it would be understandable to skip this one.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Trimtone?
Trimtone is a fat burner designed for women who want help with their diet and exercise routine. They also put a lot of emphasis on how it’s all natural.
Is Trimtone safe to take?
Trimtone makes use of common ingredients, and some of them are high quality. The only issue I can see you having problems with is the 120 mg dose of caffeine. Depending on how good you are with coffee, 120 mg may be nothing. What I do know is, 120 mg caffeine is about 1.2 cups of coffee.
How quickly does Trimtine work?
The Trimtone website says: “Results will differ between individuals, and will depend on what kind of diet and exercise plan you’re following. Most of our customers who take Trimtone alongside a healthy diet and regular exercise see noticeable results within a few weeks.”
Who should not take Trimtone?
According to the Trimtone website, Trimtone is not recommended while you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you are on medication we recommend you consult your healthcare professional before taking Trimtone to ensure it is suitable for you.