One of the many new fat burner supplements for women is the Powher brand. As the name implies, Powher is a brand that develops formulas specifically aimed for women. They only have a handful of products for now, and one of them is Powher Fat Burner.
Women are built differently, so they have different needs. This can be applied to supplements too, and the industry knows this so they made sure to design formulas especially for women.
They describe Powher Fat Burner as being cut differently, because it was designed to “fire up your shedding goals with natural ingredients that naturally work.”
Is Powher Fat Burner as exciting as their brand marketers say they are? Read my Powher Fat Burner review to find out.
Powher Fat Burner at a Glance
- Quality appetite control
- Modest stimulant dosage
- Thoughtful mineral additions
- Relatively expensive compare to others
- Just good for appetite control
- Too many capsules per serving
- Only available on their website
Powher Fat Burner looks like it only has one goal and that is to keep you from eating uncontrollably. After all, if you don’t feel hungry, then you won’t eat. More importantly, if you’re not hungry, you will have better focus on choosing healthy foods over what can soothe cravings.
Let’s check out what’s inside Powher.
- This blend consists of Magnesium citrate, Selenium, Iron, and Chromium. These may not seem much at first, but some studies suggest that people who have weight problems may be deficient in any or all of these minerals.
- Chromium, in particular, is perhaps the most well-known mineral for fat burners as plenty of research suggests its positive effects on our appetite. Better, chromium can be literally sprinkled into any blend and that blend will possess an appetite suppressing property. This is because chromium, especially in the form of chromium picolinate, can work in tiny doses, some even at 0.1 mg or 100 mcg.
- However, I think the one on the label is a typo. Chromium is listed at 120 mg with a DV of 343%. What they probably meant to write was 120 mcg, because the 100 DV for chromium is around 35-37 mcg give or take. So, this is definitely a case of sloppy writing.
Glucomannan 95% (amorphophallus konjac) (Root) Fiber)
- We have 3,000 mg of glucomannan, a soluble fiber.
- Soluble fibers in general do one thing and that is to gel when they come into contact with our stomach juices. This gelling then helps promote a fuller appetite, as it makes the user feel like they ate more than usual.
- The 3,000 mg dose is actually really good considering so many formulas only put at most half of what Powher Fat Burner put here.
Choline as Choline Bitartrate
- Choline is first and foremost a nootropic. Nootropics are brain supplements meant to help users think better or focus more on their objectives. They are popular with professionals, academics, and athletes.
- Choline is considered a brain nutrient, but as a fat burner, it’s mainly used to burn the fat surrounding the liver. So in a way, this form of choline is more of a healthy overall ingredient than something you’d take to help with weight loss.
- I also have to point out that the form we have is the really poorly absorbed choline bitartrate. Choline bitartrate has poor bioavailability because it doesn’t really penetrate the blood brain barrier the way other forms like Alpha GPC and Citicoline can.
- It doesn’t help that we only have 90 mg of it.
Natural caffeine from Coffee Arabica
- Nothing much to say except I like how they used natural caffeine over the cheaper and more potent caffeine anhydrous.
- This form isn’t known to cause the really bad side effects associated with its anhydrous counterparts simply because it wasn’t designed in a lab, but just extracted from beans.
- The 100 mg dose is about 1 cup of brewed coffee, so how hard this hits will depend on the user.
Powher Fat Burner Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 6 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredient||Amount per serving||% Daily Value*|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate)||100 mg||24%|
|Selenium (as Amino Acid Chelate)||164 mg||100%|
|Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate)||120 mg||343%|
|Iron (as Iron BiGlycinate)||18mg||100%|
|Konjac Root (Glucomannan 95%)||3000 mg||*|
|Choline (as Choline Bitartrate)||90 mg||*|
|Natural Caffeine (from Coffee Arabica)||100 mg||*|
|% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
|* % Daily Value not established|
How to take Powher Fat Burner
This is what they recommend based on their website:
Take 2 capsules alongside 1 to 2 glasses of water, 3 times per day immediately before breakfast, lunch and your evening meal.
Note: This means you will be taking a total of 6 capsules a day.
Where to buy Powher
You can only buy Powher direct from the manufacturers website with the following options available:
Options and Prices
- 1 bottle: $65.00
- 2 bottles: $120.00
- 3 bottle + 1 bottle free (4 bottles): $195.00
- Pay with Amazon
- PayPal Accepted
- 90 Day Money Back
- Free Worldwide Delivery
- Pay with Amazon
- PayPal Accepted
Our Verdict on Powher
As exciting as the marketing group was when they came up with their sales copy, I can’t help but feel bored with what Powher Fat Burner brings to the table.
What it claims to be is a supplement that can help shred fat with potent fat burners. What it really is is an expensive appetite suppressant. I do think that Powher Fat Burner can definitely help with curbing your appetite, but far too many cheaper alternatives exist for us to say that the product is good for value.
It works as an appetite suppressant and if your expectations for it aren’t beyond that, Powher Fat Burner could be the fat burner for you. Otherwise, there are a lot of fat burners that do more at a fraction of the price.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Powher?
Powher is a fat burner designed for women that focuses on appetite control paired with a natural caffeine kick.
Is Powher safe to take?
Most female supplements have been taking the “All natural” route lately, and Powher Fat Burner isn’t an exception. We’re not going to guarantee that it won’t have a side effect, but I will say that the risks of it are lower.
How quickly does Powher work?
This will depend on your body type and how strong your cravings are. However, soluble fibers often work fast and glucomannan is one of the best in the business of appetite control. Also, you will be taking this throughout the day, so it should work all day if you follow the guidelines.
Who should not take Powher?
I assume Powher is not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, or people who are taking medications. Kindly ask for the opinion of your physician before taking any supplements.